- Ann Coulter does everything Joseph Goebbels did, but backwards and in high heels.
- New Hampshire primary proves we need ranked-choice voting for president
- Amazon is opening a supermarket with no cashiers. Is Whole Foods next?
- RIP Larry Tesler, the Inventor of Copy-Paste
- The Dumbest Business Idea Ever. The Myth of Maximizing Shareholder Value
Monthly Archives: February 2020
Ranked-choice voting tells us not just who everyone’s first choice is, but who everyone could agree on. https://www.concordmonitor.com/We-need-ranked-choice-voting-32890873
Tesler, who worked at Apple for decades, invented copy-paste functionality while at Xerox PARC and is responsible for a major deal that helped turn ARM into a dominant force in computers. https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/n7jdgw/larry-tesler-the-inventor-of-copy-paste-was-more-influential-than-you-realize
Civil Rights Act – Voting Rights Act – Women’s Right to Vote – Equal Pay Act – Clean Air Act – Minimum wage – 40-hour work week – Overtime – Unemployment Insurance – Putting people on the Moon – Inventing … Continue reading
Term limits are a corporate scam to give corporations even more political power than they already have. Term limits just guarantee that elected officials will be perpetual amateurs, while corporations can hire career professional lobbyists who will run circles around … Continue reading
Building the Panama Canal – Winning WW II – Building the Interstate Highway System – Inventing the Internet – Putting people on the Moon – Public transportation Fire departments Police departments Public libraries Every branch of the US military Roads … Continue reading